N-acetyl cysteine is considered to be a form of amino acids which is named as L-cysteine. This is a compound that can be essential for bringing many changes in the body that may affect the cognitive functions also. This is a compound that maintains the glutamate level in the brain thereby maintaining the metabolism and energy level in the body.
There are many benefits for the N-acetyl cysteine.
- This serves as an antitoxic agent in the body. It also helps in the damage of liver from the alcohol and also reduces the hangover.
- The mental energy of the body is controlled thereby making this useful for the treatment of psychiatric patients.
- This works as an antioxidant and thereby prevents from the free radicals. This capability of cysteine helps in slowing down the process of aging and also improves the immunity function of the body.
- This is one of the options for the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder.
- N-Acetyl cysteine is helpful for chronic fatigue syndrome and also in the treatment of Alzheimer’s.
- It can be a solution for respiratory problems and helps in the treatment for chronic bronchitis.
- Many cardio vascular problems can be resolved with the help of this supplement.
- The infertility in both men and women can be treated with N-acetyl cysteine.
- This can be treated for diabetes II mellitus and for obesity also.
- This is also essential for many psychiatric conditions including smoking and craving on cocaine.
Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
N-acetyle cysteine is used in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive behaviors. This is a condition which is caused with symptoms like repetitive actions and thoughts. These actions and thoughts will later become a problematic condition for the individual. This condition can even make a person nervous and can lead to the suicidal condition. Obsessive compulsive disorder is mainly caused due to the dysfunction of the glutamate. This occurs due to the high level of the glutamate content in the brain. N-acetyl cysteine can play an important role in controlling the level of the glutamate. This can be combined with other supplements for the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder. It is considered that this N-acetyl cysteine helps in reducing the symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder.
Even though this supplement possess many benefits it is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women. This is considered as a drug that is prescribed by the physicians and is considered to have very less side effects. This drug is usually prescribed for increasing the glutathione level and prevents the body from being toxic .It is always better that we consult with the physician before taking the dose of the N-acetyl cysteine.
Dosage of N-Acetyle Cysteine
A dosage of around 600 mg two times a day can be consumed for a healthy person .This dose of the supplement can be helpful for increasing the mental energy and also improves the motivation and concentration of the individuals.
Side effects of N-Acetyle Cysteine
N-acetyle cysteine produces some of the side effects among the users. This include side effects like nausea, vomiting, constipation etc.