Summertime is the perfect time to indulge in healthy, cooling desserts. Here are three delicious deserts that are nutritious enough for you and your family to enjoy guilt free all summer long.
* Eight soft medjool dates, pitted
* 1/2 cup of water
* Three medium avocados, pitted
* One cup of coconut milk
* 1/4 cup of honey
* Five to seven tablespoons of raw cacao powder
* Two teaspoons of vanilla
* A pinch of sea salt
1. Place the dates into your blender and cover with the 1/2 cup water. Pack the dates down, if needed, so that they are covered, for the most part, by the water. Let soak for about 30 minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until very smooth and creamy. Depending on your blender, you may need to add a little extra coconut milk or water.
3. Pour into small bowls and serve as pudding or pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for at least six hours. Run under hot water to release.
Delicious Watermelon Cake
* One large organic watermelon
* Two cups of [raw] heavy whipping cream
* 1/4 cup of organic maple syrup
* Organic blueberries (for garnish)
* Organic coconut flakes, toasted (for garnish)
1. Cut both ends off of the watermelon (about two inches on each side). Then, place one of the cut sides down on a cutting board and carefully cut the rind off of the watermelon in a circular motion until you can remove the rind.
2. In a stand mixer, combine the maple syrup and heavy cream. Whip until stiff peaks form. Use this whipping cream to “frost” your watermelon circle.
3. Now decorate your cake with the blueberries and toasted coconut. (You can use any type of fruit you would like, including kiwi, strawberries or pineapple!)
4. Cool in the fridge for at least one hour. Cut like you would a normal cake.
Raw Orange and Blueberry “Cheesecake”
Ingredients for Crust:
* Two cups of raw nuts
* One cup of dates or raisins
* A pinch of salt
Ingredients for Orange Cheesecake:
* Three cups of raw cashews
* 3/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
* 1/2 cup of agave/maple syrup
* 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
* One lemon, juiced
* Zest of all of the oranges that you juiced
* A pinch of salt
Ingredients for Blueberry Layer:
* Two cups of organic blueberries (I used frozen blueberries.)
* 1/4 cup of the orange cheesecake mixture
1. To make the crust, process the nuts and dates/raisins in your food processor until the nuts have become crumbs and the mixture sticks together when you press it. Press it into the bottom of a spring-form pan and put it in the fridge.
2. To make the orange cheesecake, blend all of the ingredients (except the orange zest) in your high speed blender until very smooth. Then, add in the orange zest with a spoon. Reserve 1/4 cup of this mixture for the blueberry topping, but pour the rest onto your crust and put it in the freezer.
3. To make the blueberry layer, blend the blueberries and the 1/4 cup of the cheesecake mixture in your food processor or blender until creamy. It should still have small pieces of blueberry in it for texture. Spread this mixture over your cheesecake and keep it in the freezer or fridge overnight. If you can wait a day — this mixture is best after two days (and not frozen, of course). Enjoy with sliced oranges and blueberries!